WaykiChain Vision Review and SVET Rating
The current size of the sports betting market and its growing potential vary widely from several to hundreds billion USD, depending on whom you ask.
Quote (MarketWatch): 'Sports betting market expected to reach $8 billion by 2025'
Quote (YogoNet): 'The sports betting market revenue is projected to expand past USD 134.5 Billion by 2027, according to data provided by Transparency Market'
Therefore, it is difficult to know from what source did WaykiChain WhitePaper's authors gets its '$1.5 Trillion' estimate, unless, of course, it is, yet, another of their 'lost in translation' episodes (see my previous reviews).
Quote: 'Market potential: Every WaykiChain’s targeted industry is worth trillions of dollars. According to a conservative estimation in 2019, the market size of the game guessing (zic!) industry reached USD 1.5 trillion.'
In fact, if we simply Google 'sports betting market of 1.5 trillion', what we get is numerous links to various researches where 1.5 Billion is featured.
Quote (SportsBettingDime): 'With the global sports betting market growing by unbelievable leaps ... in revenue, and are projected to create upwards of $1.5 billion by 2020.'
Quote (TheHustle): ' ... the US sports betting market is expected to be worth about $1.5B next year and ~$2.75B by 2023'
There is only one pretty obscure source, which I managed to found in such a short notice, which puts this number to 1.3 Trillion. This source also recognizes that '90 percent of global sports betting is illegal'.
Quote (CardPlayer): 'An estimated $1.3 trillion, at least, is bet globally on sports every year, according to testimony by an expert on the industry in front of the United Nations.'
Of course, what we all have had learned from our years of commingling with the decentralized movement, the term 'not legal' is highly contentious and has almost nothing to do with 'criminal', 'non-ethical' or 'not just'.
So, it might easily be that you and your buddies playing after-dinner poker and betting 50 cents on the river who are 'not legal' depending on the state, where you live.
So, it can be from where this discrepancy springs, and the Wayki team, simply, plans to make us all (including your buddies) using WICC every time we insert the sentence 'I bet' into our conversation.
Nonetheless, I won't dispute that this market is big and getting bigger (specially, with the rapid advent of on-chain games) but I would be more cautious in my prognosis concerning its size due to its non-structured and, often, highly informal character. Therefore, 'Volume' is 'b+'.
Additionally, a good junk of it is already taken by other participants many of which are much more enrooted (not to mention, hmmm, 'legalized') than Wayki teammates into that industry. 'Singularity' is 'c+'.
Quote (Google): 'World gambling statistics show that around 26% of the population gamble. That means around 1.6 billion people worldwide gamble and 4.2 billion gamble at least once every year.'
Quote (Google): 'According to a Statista survey, almost 50 percent of people 18 years and older in the United States have placed a bet on a sports event at least once in their life.'
Again, we see a discrepancy in numbers even based on those two closely related quotes. However, that is not what I'm trying to summon again. It is this one:
Quote (Gallup Poll, 2019): 'A record-high 69% of Americans now say gambling is morally acceptable'
So, when talking about the 'Empathy' part of the rating I'm facing a question - does this 'acceptance' means that gambling now induces an enthusiastic following or is it just a 'pardoned' vice?
I think, that gambling is more of the later than of the former nature, so it is 'b-' - not 'a'.
On the other hand, I do not have any doubts that if there's some appropriate time to start pushing a concept of the 'on-chained betting' into consumers' narrow field of vision - that time is now, when most users are already chained to their devices, feeling frightened and bored at the same time. So, 'Timing' is 'a'.
Result for Vision (Singularity - Volume - Empathy - Timing): c+ / b+ / b- / a
[Please, do not forget that I am not your financial advisor and all above was not intended to be a financial advise, of course. You’ve got to use your own gray matter enclosed between both of your ears to take all important as well as unimportant financial decisions.]
For the original version of this article, please, refer to: http://svetrating.com/rating_text/39/vision/
Link (WhitePaper): https://www.waykichain.com/Whitepaper_en.pdf
Image: A panoramic view of Haarlem, Jacob Isaacksz. van Ruisdael
What Is SVET Rating?
Hidden Fundamentals' Leading Indicator
- Security (safety): for defenders (ISFJ- The Protector: Warm-hearted and dedicated, they are always ready to protect the people they care about.);
- Velocity (scalability): for megalomaniacs (ENTJ- The Commander: Outspoken and confident, they are great at making plans and organizing projects.);
- Engineering (design): for geeks (INTJ- The Architect: High logical, they are both very creative and analytical.);
- Transparency (decentralization): for crypto punks (ISTP- The Crafter: Highly independent, they enjoy new experiences that provide first-hand learning.);
- Singularity (uniqueness): for individualists (ISFP- The Artist: Easy-going and flexible, they tend to be reserved and artistic.);
- Volume (market): for globalists (ESFP- The Performer: Outgoing and spontaneous, they enjoy taking center stage.);
- Empathy (enthusiasm): for tribes (ESTP- The Persuader: Out-going and dramatic, they enjoy spending time with others and focusing on the here-and-now.);
- TimeLine (road-map): for visionaries (INFP- The Mediator: Idealistic with high values, they strive to make the world a better place.);
- Solution (business): for dealmakers (ESTJ- The Director: Assertive and rule-oriented, they have high principles and a tendency to take charge.);
- Validity (legality): for lawyers (ISTJ- The Inspector: Reserved and practical, they tend to be loyal, orderly, and traditional.);
- Equity (finance): For venture capitalists (INFJ- The Advocate: Creative and analytical, they are considered one of the rarest types.);
- Team: for friends (ESFJ- The Caregiver: Soft-hearted and outgoing, they tend to believe the best about other people.);
- Sustainability (stability): for sages (INTP- The Thinker: Quiet and introverted, they are known for having a rich inner world.);
- Value (venture): for adventurers (ENTP- The Debater: Highly inventive, they love being surrounded by ideas and tend to start many projects (but may struggle to finish them).);
- Engagement (usability): for pragmatics (ENFJ- The Giver: Loyal and sensitive, they are known for being understanding and generous.);
- Transactions (speed): for travelers (ENFP- The Champion: Charismatic and energetic, they enjoy situations where they can put their creativity to work.).
Here might be your Review.
Why Shall You Use SvetRating?
To make our Industry better by sharing your honest opinion and applying your professional expertise.
To objectively weigh up the pros and cons of your project.
To compare opinions of the enthusiasts and experts.